Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
1. What is your occupation? I am really occupied with the television right now. I fell from the stairs so there is little I can do without moving many muscles except watch hours of mindless television. When movies are coming non-stop, why not?
2. What color are your socks right now? They are purple with yellow smiley faces all over. I kid you not. Bangalore is cold and these socks are incredibly warm. My dentist actually complimented them! (One of my rare happy moments during those 4 years of torture)
3. What are you listening to right now ? There seems to be a huge traffic jam outside. So I can hear a couple of frustrated, clinically depressed megalomaniacs who seem to find it therapeutic to use their honks generously.
4. What was the last thing that you ate ? I ate a couple of cashew nuts and dried apricots. I've taken a strange liking to them.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I can, but I don't want to. Do you know how easy it is to drive in a car which has automatic gears? I spend half my driving time doing complex mathematical calculations about the speed of the car, the distance from a potential speed breaker and the gear I must switch to in order to prevent a thud thud thud thud......screech.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Dude, where is my phone? I've been searching for it since yesterday and have found a lot of other interesting things instead (like sheets of sparkly red wrapping paper). I need to go hunting for it now. The irony is, when I have my phone with me, I don't get any calls. When it's languishing somewhere in the depths of my clutter, I get tons of calls.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I will always like this person who sent me the tag. Although I must say Iysh, you've found an excellent way to fish for compliments! :-P
8. How old are you today? I feel about a hundred and twenty four, having sat on the couch all day. But I think I am 20 years, 9 months and 14 days old. Does that make you feel happy Sneha?
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? I really like watching rhythmic gymnastics. Really. Ice Skating is also very nice. But since both these programs come on DD Sports with the commentators' voice being as dull as boiled cabbage, I have switched over to Tennis now.
10. What are your favorite drinks? Hot water with Honey, tender coconut water and cold cold milk without sugar (not all of them at the same time though.)
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Not yet, but apparently my hair is naturally streaked with strands of brown and black. Or so I've been told by people who just like to watch me getting flustered about the oddities I have.
12. Favorite food? Hot aloo paranthas with dollops of butter, dal makhni, cold cold curds and jalebis to finish this meal. Anyone planning to cook this for me? These restaurant places are soooo crowded. I want to eat this meal by the seaside, with only the chatter of waves being my companions. Weird combination, I know. Paranthas and seaside - but Hey! I can fantasize about these things cant I?
13. What is the last movie you watched? Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. I really really liked it ok? OK. Actually, I just like all movies....so this is no exception, and if I show off once more that the lead actor was my batchmate from college, I'll only invite groans....so I'll end it with 'It's a nice movie'.
At home I saw Casino Royale - I'd like to change my favorite food to a serving of Daniel Craig please.
14. Favorite day of the year? March 4th. Because I know there are 6 days to go before my birthday so I can wait for it with anticipation...and yet not feel bad that it's too close. I always hate March 11th. I feel OLD. these days, I feel OLDER as little things around me are still in their teens and I'm asked to tell them 'How it feels like'
15. How do you vent anger? Well, I generally vent it out AT the person. If you have been at the receiving end and are still (remarkably) on talking terms with me, then you would know best. I shout, yell, stomp and head bang in true filmy style. then I calm down and apologize (If I started the fight or was being unreasonably angry). I haven't lost my temper in a while though, so either it's a very good sign or the calm before a storm.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Ooh..I had a Doctor Doctor Set...with the cutest and tiniest Stethoscope and pretend bottles of medicine and a syringe. I would assume the world has been struck with an epidemic and would run around treating everyone...by checking their heartbeats in the shins! (Don't blame me...I could only reach that high)
17. What is your favorite season? My birthday falls in Spring, so I like that season. I like summer for it's fun incentives - like ice-creams, beaches and holidays. I like the monsoon season because I love walking in the rain, or reading a good book by the window. I like autumn because the trees give the orange sun an inferiority complex. I like winters for that smoke thingy that you can blow if you step out early in the mornings. Ooh...and eating spicy chat in the cold weather is the best treat! So basically, I like all seasons.
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Ok. If you really want to. Chances are I will be replying only three weeks later, but you can take a chance.
19. When was the last time you cried? Ahem...shall we return to question no. 13? That would be the last time I cried. Yes, I cry at all movies. Even in those terrible Amisha Patel ones where she is torn between crying and wheezing. It just means I involve myself completely in all movies. If you've accompanied me to some movie and are reading this, STOP SNICKERING.
20. What is on the floor of your closet? Dude, it's not the floor, it's just the bottom-most rack. All my skirts are down there. Once in a while, I rummage through, find them, sigh wistfully about wearing them someday and shocking everyone, and then go back to plain ol Jeans and a shirt.
21. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? Well, technically Varun would be the friend I have had the longest, with our ties going as far back as our parents. Since he will be extremely busy right now, I'll fast forward to Sneha, whom I've known for 16 years, so that's pretty long as well. Here is something you can do in your hols! (instead of messaging me and making me feel jealous that you're free and I'm at college)
22. What did you do last night? Umm....I ate a huge Ice cream sundae and watched Shrek III. :) I think I fell asleep halfway though...I dont remember how the movie ended......
23. What are you most afraid of? Lizards, and Robbers entering my house from the balcony. (Really weird innit? Most girls dream of Romeo entering through the balcony and here I get nightmares that Robbers will use the same passage.)
24. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburger? Cheese, not so much. I like mayonnaise on my burgers. I like mayonnaise on anything. I like those HUGE HUGE burgers that smear ketchup all over your face when you take a bite! Of course, I like eating them alone, or with people who've seen me in more hideous avtaars.
25. Favorite dog breed? Irish Setters and Cocker Spaniels. Fine, even that mongrel outside my house that gives me puppy eyes if I walk past him with a sandwich.
26. Favorite day of the week? Thursday. It's close to the weekend, but college still hasnt closed. I LIKE going to college dude. It's not that abnormal also.
27. How many states have you lived in? Delhi and Karnataka.
28. Diamonds or pearls? Ummm...Diamonds all the way! I'm not the dressy type, but even I would fall for those glittering pieces of heaven! Pearls are pretty but you really neednt invade a sea creature's privacy just to wear earrings.
29. What is your wish for this new year? It's a secret. I hope it comes true. *Fingers crossed*
30. New year resolution? Hmm....I have a couple. But they're secret as well. There are things in life that even I dont disclose on world wide web.