Friday, July 24, 2009

CPR for comatose Blog.

If personalities were colours, then the trait of self-obsession would be the new 'pink'! I honestly need to get a grip and move on to other things in life...but till then, I might as well indulge in good ol 'pouring out my soul' rituals in these tag things!

4 places I've lived in :

Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad.

4 TV shows that I like to watch :

Madhur Jafferey's Flavours of India, New Detectives on Discovery Channel (I dont think it is aired anymore though) , Small Wonder (in English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil...bring it on in any language, it's always a delight!) and a certain anonymous Hindi serial that I am rather ashamed of admitting on the world wide web.

4 places that I've been to, on vacation :

Hm? My most memorable? Shimla-Nainital-Devprayag-Haridwar-Rishikesh '97 (One trip) , Durgapur (West Bengal) '96 , Goa '03 and Singapore '02.

4 Favourite food items :
  • Rasam rice with Papad.
  • Dessert Pizzas
  • Cinnamon Toast
  • Gulab Jamun with Ice Cream.
4 places I would rather be :
  • Home (I'm not complaining though. I just wish it was closer)
  • Burkina Faso (on Mondays mostly)
  • Egypt
  • Greece
4 websites that I visit everyday :
  • Hotmail (Yeah, some of us still use the thing)
  • Gmail
  • Delhi University website (for a long long time)
  • My Blog. (To re-read my stale posts.)
4 things that I hope to do before I die :

Bring a smile on a face everyday. (very Miss-India-ish no? But I did bring a smile on a little kid's face today, and well...it was a beautiful feeling.)
Go backpacking across Europe.
Make the perfect Chocolate cake. (and pancakes, while I'm at it)
Write a book.

4 novels I wish I was reading for the first time :
  • Roald Dahl's Matilda
  • R.K. Narayan's Malgudi Days
  • Anuja Chauhan's The Zoya Factor
  • The entire Enid Blyton series.
4 movies that I can watch over and over again... :
  • You've Got Mail :-) Isnt it one of the most delightful movies ever?
  • Andaz Apna Apna
  • Mozhi
  • Ganeshana Maduve (ever watched this Anant Nag flick? It beats the socks off all Kannada movies!)
Do I need to tag this to anyone? I dont think people have been reading this blog anymore anyway....the paltry few who did read it might have given it up for good thinking it is history....until I find some effective revival strategy for my comatose blog, I'll leave it open for anyone to tag and be tagged.

8 comments:

Moonlight said...

"Anonymous Hindi serial", eh??? :P

Do I hear u saying "Armaaaaan" :P :P

Vaishnavi said...

Hehe.....Armaaaaan is passe now! :-P I've moved on Iysh. I've grown older, wiser and smarter. Hence I have chosen a better target! ;-)

Every heard of a Mayaaaaank? ;-) It comes after the Armaaaaaan serial! ;-) ;-)

There you go! Now that I have mortified myself in front of the 5 people or so who read this thing, I will go live in a cave! :-D

Moonlight said...

Heyyy... Mayaaaaank!!!! Yess.. I like him too :) :) :)

Vaishnavi said...

Aaaaah....a Kindred Spirit! Yay! :-)

Unknown said...

I love Ganeshana Madhuve too!!! Fab ain't it ;)

sneha said...

oh man.. u haven't moved out of the Mayank phase yet?? Get a grip, girl.. you're a post-grad student now. You should be sombre and dignified..

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... dessert pizzas and cinnamon toast!! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... :) pancake wancake!! u can now move onto more complex things.. how about crepe suzettes? i must warn you to never be stupid enough to order friend honey noodles with ice cream. will write about it on my blog sometime.. just stay away from it, ok? (the noodles, not blog)

no blog is deader than mine.. please to visit it sometimes to keep it alive.. SOMEONE should, seeing that I don't anymore..

hey a classmate of mine had a book published a couple of weeks ago.. very chetan bhagatish. i'm sure u will write a very nice one soon.. :)

aaah i knew the Zoya Factor would creep in somewhere.. :) you'ew welcome!! :)

Vaishnavi said...

@ Lakshmi - I know! I think Y.G.Rao is one of the most colourful characters in Kannada Cinema! ;-D

@ Sneha - Mayank is very important for my normal growth you know. It's healthy to indulge in some fantasizing. Considering the characters I have in my class, I am legally allowed to do so! :-P
My pancake-wankake turned out quite ok...you said so yourself...although I think my grandad would beg to differ! ;-)
Cinnamon toast, French toast, Cheese Toast and Dessert Pizza will always be my favorite foods! :-)

hey, I'd love to read the book!! And get inspired further!
And yes, thank you for introducing me to Zoya and her world! :-D

rahuls said...

You've got mail is really gud. Actually most of the Tom Hanks movies are nice.

Bdway, I don't get the importance of mondays in Burkina Faso.