Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

10 things I can't WAIT to get through.

(Okay, so that was supposed to be a take on 10 things I hate about you...but clearly, since I've had to explain it, either I've killed the punch, or you're re-reading the title to get the point.)

The tenth thing I have to get through is work
Even the Chocolate Muffins there aren't a perk
A couple of more months, and things will be fine
But that'll bring me to number nine

The ninth thing that I have to clear
And preferably by the end of the year
is My cupboard - which has room for but a splinter
Or else the woolens remain in the attic for winter.

And then comes my hurdle at number eight
The one thing that could probably seal my fate
My two years finding their way to culmination
The essence of my sanity - my Dissertation

Maybe if I managed to get through number seven
I'd really be in a 'curious tourist' heaven
To visit Jaipur, Manali and Shillong
and break out into a Maria-type song!

(Maria being the Sound-of Music-tra-la-la-in-high-octave-Maria)

And that would bring me to number six
To be able to cook without ready-to-eat mix
Edible enough for me to survive
So I can accomplish number five

Five places I absolutely need to see
in this CWGed spruced up New Delhi
To photograph and capture the city I adore
and work towards finishing number four

Eating would come at number four
where I'd like to eat, eat, and then some more
For this season brings with it Aloo Chaat
And immunity to experiment outside of Dilli Haat

The next one up should hopefully induce some Glee
as I set about learning to play number three
A muscial instrument to keep my mind off tune
From all the worries piling up to become a huge dune

I increase the music, go beyond gear number two
and explore the city on my car, that's what I'll do
before I decide to pay public transport a favour
and use my own road-rage as a life-saver.

But that will drive me to number one
which is a secret, won't tell ya till it's done
The jinx'll get broken, it won't come true
Then I won't have 10 things I have gotten through!

SO there you go. THIS is what happens when you put me in a room full of internet and think I will probably be angelically looking through information that would help me in my current/future life. I end up making mundane, narcissistic poetry that will probably not help me in accomplishing ANYTHING I've written about. But it's a date well spent. :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oi... :D Wats the secret??? Pls pls pwetty pls.... ;)

and dont give me some crap about it is SUPPOSED to be a secret which is why you did not write about it in here!!! :P

Love
Glove

Unknown said...

As it turns out I Do know the secret!!! ;)
Dont worry...it wont get jinxed!!!

Glove ya... <3

Vaishnavi said...

Pah. You don't care about the nine other things wrecking my life but only zoom 10X at that one line? Anyway, now that you've bullied me to admit it, ZIP!

Oh, and thank you for all the Glove. :) :)

P.S. Dude, is it just me or is this place really getting COLD? I'm afraid I really do need to go in search of those gloves! Or we'll just have to go back to CP like last year and buy branded ones at 80% off! :D

Yay! I can't wait for Winter! :)

nishath said...

you actually are a fantastic writer! blew my mind! just plain brilliant! keep writing!

Vaishnavi said...

@ Nishath - Thanks!! :) For the comment and the compliment! :)