Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Arms

Two Arms were gifted to help me out
To keep me safe from harm
To keep my smile from going south
And fill my life with charm

Twenty four years, it doesn't seem
Only yesterday it could be
When these two arms entered this dream
And now, share it with me

If one arm taught me how to drive
The other gave me the car
Together, they strove to make me strive
And encouraged me to fly afar

I'm called the apple of their eye
Their pear and orange too
And with each day that goes by
I live more and more like you

The arms have stood by me all through
To be my beacon and wings
To repay them, all I can do
Is to fill joy in each day life brings

Happy twenty fourth wedding anniversary, Amma and Appa. :) I know I don't say it often enough, but you are everything to me. Thank you.

P.S. You are allowed to read my blog now. But only for this post.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww... Vaishu... Brilliant!!! <3

Alika said...

Very cute! :)
Specially the part about you being a fruit salad :P

Unknown said...

Lovely sentiments!